Duck Spring rolls
Better than you’ll get at any dodgy Chinese take away. They take a little bit of graft but it will all be worth it when you have crest fallen guests baying at your feet saying “not worthy, not worthy” 🙂
- 12 Spring roll wrappers
- 2 Duck legs
- 2 tsp 5-spice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Small bunch Spring onion
- 100 g Bean sprouts
- 50 g Coriander Roughly chopped
- 1 tblsp Sweet chilli sauce
- Egg wash
- Oil to deep fry
- Dipping sauce
- 4 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp Mirin
- 4 tsp Indonesian Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Set oven on 180ºC.
- Score the fat on the duck leg diagonally, then rub the 5-spice all over the leg and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a small pan and when very hot, place the duck fat side down in the pan, fry until brown.
- Then place the legs into a roasting tray and cook slowly in the oven for aprox. 1 ½ hours; until the duck is crisp and golden brown and almost falling off the bone.
- Remove the legs from the oven and leave to cool. When the legs are cool, shred them of all the meat and fat.
- Roughly chop the spring onions and add them to the duck, together with the bean sprouts, sweet chilli sauce and roughly chopped coriander.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Place 2 tblsps of duck mixture on to a spring roll wrapper; brush the wrapper with egg wash and roll up into a need cigar shaped parcel.
- Deep fry until golden and serve with the dipping sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients together