Ceviche of Panga
This citrusy ceviche dish is ideal for those warm wintery days when it’s too hot for a traditional soup or potjie. It packs a punch of flavour with a hint of spice and pairs beautifully with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir or Riesling.
- 300 g Panga
- 150 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 4 limes
- 1 Avocado peeled Finely diced
- 1 Tomato Blanched, peeled and seeded
- 3 tbsp Capers
- 1 Chilli finely Chopped
- 1 Lemon Preserved
- 1 bulb Fennel
- 1 tsp Castor sugar
- 10 g Rocket
- Cut the fish into a rough dice. Place the fish in a non-metal dish. Dress with half of the olive oil and lime juice.
- Remove all of the flesh and pith from the preserved lemon and neatly dice the rind. Add the lemon rind, chopped avocado, chilli and capers to the fish. Cut the tomato into a neat dice and add to the mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice the fennel bulb and dress with the rest of the olive oil and lime juice season with salt and pepper as well as the castor sugar.
- Place the rocket in the middle of each plate and then spoon the ceviche on top of the rocket. Place the marinated fennel on the plate around the rocket. Drizzle with a little olive oil and garnish with a fennel frond.