Buffalo Mozzarella on Bruschetta with parsley salad
I picked this salad up from Alistair Little’s restaurant in Soho, London where he serves it with grilled fish. I think it works a treat on top of the soft and silky buffalo mozzarella. The garlicky bruschetta give the dish some crunch and added texture.
- 2 balls Buffalo mozzarella
- 8 slices Focaccia
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 50 g Rocket
- ½ cup Sun dried tomatoes in oil
- ½ cup Pitted black olives
- ¼ cup Small capers
- 4 Anchovy fillets
- 1 Small onion or shallot Thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls Flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan
- 3 tblsp Decent balsamic vinegar
- Zeste of 2 lemons
- Roughly chop sun-died tomatoes, olives & anchovies and place together in a bowl with the capers, onions & lemon zest.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and a hefty drizzle of olive oil.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Grill the slices of focaccia until toasted golden brown, then rub with the garlic cloves & drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Put the rocket on top of the bruschetta.
- Slice the mozzarella and arrange it on top of bruschetta. Add the grated Parmesan & flat leaf parsley to sun-dried tomato mixture.
- Mix in thoroughly & place on top of mozzarella.
- The exploding mouthful needs to be pair.