Line Fish with Grilled Asparagus and Roasted Garlic & Parsley Dressing
This dish is the essence of simplicity; a case of the sum of the parts being greater than the whole. Once again though only top notch, fresh ingredients will do the trick – nothing else will suffice.
- 800 g Line Fish
- 50 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g Asparagus
- 400 g New potatoes
- 1 Large head of garlic
- 100 g Parsley
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Roast the head of garlic in a moderate oven (180ºC) for aprox 20 min or until the garlic is completely soft.
- Peel the individual cloves or squeeze them out.
- Mix the garlic puree, parsley and lemon juice together with the olive oil.
- Put the mixture into a blender or use a pestle and mortar to grind the mixture into a smooth dressing.
- Cook the new potatoes in boiling salted water until soft, drain and leave to cool.
- When the potatoes have cooled, cut them in half lengthways.
- Blanche the asparagus in boiling salted water for a few minutes.
- Remove from the pot and refresh them in ice-cold water.
- Cut the fish into 200g portion, brush with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper and place it skin side down on an oiled grid over hot coals.
- Put the asparagus and potatoes on the grill at the same time.
- After 5 min flip the fish and remove the asparagus and potatoes from the grill.
- Put the asparagus and potatoes on plates. Remove the fish from the grill and serve on top of the asparagus.
- Drizzle with the garlic-parsley dressing.