Frittata – Roasted Red Pepper & Goat Cheese
Here’s a good vegetarian backup dish for any of your more sensitive guests. Although… this dish would be made complete by serving a couple of slices of Parma Ham on top… oh, wait – never mind! Marry this veggie delight up with a chilled bubbly or Méthode Cap Classique.
- 12 Eggs
- 3 Red peppers
- 2 Red onions
- 140 g Goat cheese
- 125 ml Fresh cream
- 20 g Flat leaf parsley Roughly chopped
- 50 g Rocket leaves Washed
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the grill of your oven, rub the peppers with oil, and place underneath the grill until blackened.
- Put them into a bowl and cover with clingfilm to let them sweat for about 10 minutes. Remove the skins and slice the peppers into thin strips. Peel the onions and cut them into a large dice.
- Put the onions in a roasting tray with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and grill for approximately 10 minutes until the onions are soft and have begun to colour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC. Heat a frying pan with an oven-proof handle, add a drop of olive oil and throw in the peppers and onions. Crumble in the goat cheese.
- Lightly whisk the eggs together with the cream and the chopped parsley, season with salt and pepper, and pour the egg mix into the pan. Cook over a moderate heat for about five minutes before placing the frittata into the pre-heated oven.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until set.
- Remove from the oven and turn the frittata out onto a serving platter.
- Serve with the rocket leaves, dressed with lemon juice and the rest of the olive oil.