Lemon Pots with Shortbread
If it were any easier it would be criminal. No, I have not left anything out – the only hitch here is that it must be made at least a day in advance as the acid from the lemon needs time to set the cream. Making the shortbread is optional; but the recipe is so easy it would be unforgivable not too.
- 500 ml Cream
- 1 tblsp Sugar
- Zeste & juice of 4 large lemons
- 1 cup Flour
- 160 g Butter
- 80 g Sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- Bring all ingredients to the boil together in a saucepan.
- Strain and pour into ramekins.
- Leave to set in the fridge overnight.
- Serve with shortbread biscuits.
- Combine the flour and sugar in a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter to give the texture of coarse cornmeal.
- Add the egg yolk and work the ingredients together in to a dough. Be careful not to overwork the dough.
- Wrap it in plastic and rest in the fridge for 30 min. remove dough from the fridge and roll on a floured surface. Roll the dough out to a thickness of about 1cm.
- Cut the dough into the shape of your choice. Place the cut shape on a tray and bake in a medium oven (150ºC) for aprox 20 minutes or until they are a beige sandy colour.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.