Grilled Tuna Nicoise
Fresh tuna steaks on the fire with traditional Nicoise salad garnish
- 800 g tuna steaks
- 400 g new potatoes
- 400 g fine green beans
- 200 g Rosa Cherry Tomatoes
- 40 g anchovy fillets in oil drained
- 100 g black olives stoned
- 3 eggs soft boiled and cut in ¼ ‘s
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 300 ml vegetable oil
- Sea salt & pepper
- Cook the new potatoes in boiling salted water until soft, drain and leave to cool. Blanche and refresh the green beans. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half lengthways. Mix the potatoes, beans, olives and tomatoes together. Season and dress with the olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the tuna steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook on a clean grill for aprox 3min on each side, thus keeping the tuna nice and pink inside.
- Arrange the dressed salad items in bowls; place a piece of tuna on each salad. Garnish with the anchovy fillets and quartered eggs. Drizzle each portion with the aïoli.
- Roast the garlic cloves in a moderate oven (180ºC) until soft and golden. Crush the garlic to a paste. Add the egg yolks, garlic and the mustard into a food processor. Blend into a paste and then slowly add the oils. Add the vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If the dressing is not of a pouring consistency thin it out with a little water.